4/16/11

London Part 2 - Small World

I was sitting outside the Tate Modern with my family and some friends that live in England who were spending the day with us. We were snacking on some luscious strawberries from Borough Market when I happened to notice an adorable pigtailed girl with a pink balloon in a dress with an overall heart pattern. And then I realized the fabric was from the All My Heart collection that I designed for Robert Kaufman. I went inside the museum a few minutes later and there she was again. I introduced myself to her family who had just recently moved to London from the U.S.

(click on photos to enlarge)
Here is Lizzy with her balloon at the Tate Modern.


Here she is showing me her dress, doesn't she look great?


And here are the details on the back of the dress.


Thanks to Lizzy and her family for allowing to snap these photos, it was such a treat to meet them at the Tate.



3 comments:

Corinnea said...

How fun to see something you've done used in such a cute way!

Looks like you are having a great trip!

Caroline said...

I'm so glad you had a great trip and that the weather was good for you! I love the dress, gorgeous!! - How funny to travel so far to find your own work walking past!!

Anonymous said...

What a great encounter Amy! Loved the story...and of course the beautiful fabric! Evie