11/15/10

Booktime Bag

I just received my Booktime bag and promotional materials. It is like Christmas opening this up - I am SO excited. First of all, the book looks great, they printed a soft cover abridged version of "Why is the Sky Blue?" and were able to leave in a lot of the interactive flaps. I can't believe my illustrations are in a bag with Eric Carle and being handed out to over 600,000 school aged children in the UK. This is certainly a high point in my career. Also, as an added bonus, I get a giant oversized copy of Eric Carle's "Slowly, Slowly, Slowly, Said the Sloth". Here are some fun photos of the package:












6 comments:

HollyM said...

How exciting! I would feel the same way. I love Eric Carle.

whatkatiedid said...

Oh how exciting!! My son came home with his bag a few days ago, he was thrilled that he could keep it "forever"! Congratulations on being part of this lovely project :)

Red Fish Circle said...

Thanks Kate, so great to hear from a family who received one of the bags. I am humbled and so grateful that my artwork is being distributed to so many kids. Hope he enjoys his books!

Melissa said...

Eric Carle should be very pleased that his book is included with YOURS, Amy! What a great project to be a part of, and again, congratulations :)

xoxo, Melissa

Red Fish Circle said...

hahaha, thanks Melissa, that is one way to look at it - xoxo

Caroline Rose said...

oh Amy, I wish my boy was a year older so he would get one!! But I will be checking with my friends to see if their children at school got one so I can be excited for them!!
It looks so fantastic! Please tell me you will be doing one next year too???