9/3/10

It's Almost Time for Booktime


If you live in the UK and have a child starting school for the first time, your child will be receiving a free book bag with Eric Carle's "Slowly, Slowly, Slowly, Said the Sloth" and a copy of "Why is the Sky Blue" written by Geraldine Taylor and illustrated by me. The book bag is generously being distributed by Booktime.org and you can find out all the details here. Oh and don't forget about the fun interactive games you can play online.



If your child will not be receiving a book bag, you can of course purchase it.  I have a link on my blog with info on how to purchase it in the UK and in the US.

The books will have an enormous distribution and I cannot begin to explain how exciting it is to share my illustrations with so many children. When I was that age I was eating up every book I could get my hands on! I loved Dr. Seuss, of course, and even wrote him a letter. I received a personal letter back and a signed autograph which hung over my bed for the longest time.

2 comments:

Liam's Mummy said...

Congratulations on your book making the book bag.

I was a big fan of Dr Seuss too - I guess everyone nearly was. I used to enjoy reading them to my little brother.

fun learning 4 kids said...

Free book bag! sounds good this is a great charity to support the kids who are steps in their study/education.