3/3/10

Fight2Win

Did any of you happen to watch American Idol last night and see an ad for Fight2Win.org? I was really moved by the ad, and as a Hodgkin's Disease survivor, have never seen any fundraiser asking specifically for donations for research on Hodgkin's Disease. I always thought this is true largely because it is a treatable disease with a very high success rate. But unfortunately, as it strikes young people predominantly, there are those who succumb to the disease. In some instances the disease is resistant to the treatment protocols. I have met many people through the years, some who do fine and others who do not survive either the disease or the treatment. I am so happy to find out about a way to help learn more about this disease. Almost all of the donated money goes directly to fund the research itself. 


Here is a small way I can begin to help with this cause. Last week I received a box of fabrics from Robert Kaufman. The fabrics are the On A Whim owls design enlarged. They were digitally printed by Spoonflower. I have 5 pieces that are 3 yards each. I am going to offer these in my Etsy shop with free shipping. All proceeds (minus my shipping costs) will go to Fight2Win.org. They would be perfect for larger home decorating projects. I included a photo of the original owls so you can see the size difference. Thanks for helping me to raise money for research.



9 comments:

Rosy Lady said...

What a fantastic cause Amy, my hubby is also a survivor of Hodgkin's Disease. We actually celebrated his being cancer-free for 2 years yesterday. Now we are looking forward and getting on with our lives. Your fabric is so cute and you are such an inspiration to me. x

kimbuktu said...

I lost a cousin to Hodgkins when she was just 19 years old. It was before the disease was considered curable. I love your little owls, and know my granddaughter would too. I will check them out.

Red Fish Circle said...

Thanks for your comments. Far too many young people have to deal with this disease. As I said, I am so glad to find an organization dealing with research directly.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! My daughter "Alese Coco" would be so touched by what your doing. www.alesecoco.org
God Bless you,
Kathy Coco

Kathy Coco said...

Thank you for doing this, my daughter "Alese Coco" would be so touched. www.alesecoco.org This really blessed me to read this.
God Bless you,
Kathy Coco

Katelyn R. said...

I just bought some! I read this post late and was afraid it would all be gone! Thank goodness it wasn't. I love all you things, and what a great cause to do this for.

Red Fish Circle said...

Thanks SO much for the purchases and support everyone.

HollyM said...

I would love to order some of the owls on the brown background. Is it up for sale yet?

leelabell1 said...

It is so nice to see Alese lives on inspiring and helping others. She helped me through my battle and has touched my heart and life forever. I miss chatting with her. She will always be my inspiration