1/15/10

Picture-book.com Contest


I decided to enter the first ever Picture-book.com contest. I am a little speechless and overwhelmed after receiving an e-mail tonight that I am one of two winners with a prize of a year's subscription in Picturbook 2011 and a free online portfolio page as well.

I entered with my jellyfish illo and was surprised when I got to round two. Then sent three more illos for the final judging.

This was a good lesson in you can't win if you don't enter. I am really surprised, flattered, grateful, etc. etc.

I am going to go celebrate now :))

13 comments:

Laura Zarrin said...

Wow! How exciting! Congratulations, you deserve it!

Red Fish Circle said...

Thanks Laura!

Jan said...

Congratulations. You're work is outstanding.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Congratulations Amy!! So deserving - your work is awesome!

Red Fish Circle said...

Thanks so much Jan and Mary.

Caroline said...

Brilliant!! Well done! - how could they not make you and your gorgeous jellies a winner!

Kristin said...

Oh, that jelly fish print is brilliant, and I'm sure the others you sent in were as well. Congratulations! Your work is beautiful!

Hoot Couture said...

Congratulations!!! I would love to see "On a Whim Under the Sea"...

:-) Arlene

coloredsock said...

WOW! awesome, amy! congratulations!! and gorgeous pieces that you entered. yay!

Betsy Snyder said...

Yay! Congrats to you! Well deserved:)

Red Fish Circle said...

Thanks again, it is so lovely to hear from so many illustrators whose work I admire!!
Thanks for your lovely comments.

Karine said...

Congratulations! What exciting news.

martimez said...

I like them all! My favourite is the trees.