5/25/09

My Books Arrived

My copies of "What Do You See?" arrived on Friday. It is so exciting to open up a box of samples of work that you put your heart and soul into. There is a lot to be said about letting go too. The finished product is always a little surprising, even though you mostly know what to expect. 2D turns to 3D, your vision melds together with an art director's and editor's visions, and words flesh out your illustrations and give them a whole new meaning.

Thanks for taking a look, hope you enjoy this book:)

12 comments:

Mary said...

It's beautiful, Amy! Will you be doing any book signings around here?

Katelyn R. said...

You're book illustrations always turn out so beautiful!

Red Fish Circle said...

Thanks so much, not sure yet, but I will let you know if I do.

Josephine Cameron said...

thanks for the sneak peak...i can't wait until my copy arrives!

Nate Williams said...

Looks fantastic ... congratulations!

Red Fish Circle said...

thanks everyone

coloredsock said...

yay! congrats! i'm ordering this one for TUlsi's collection -- i have this on going building list of books of friends that i'm about ready to order all at once. can't wait! looks so fun.

Red Fish Circle said...

thanks Jenny, I hope Tulsi giggles with glee at the animal pix.

sassypriscilla said...

Congratulations! I will have to get this for my little Aidan!

ChatRabbit said...

How cool! I will definitely look for a copy...congrats on your new baby book!

whitey said...

Went to our local book store last saturday to see if I could find it, there were none there! So I will keep looking.

sdelonghi said...

The illustrations in your book are delightful, just as my grandchildren will be delighted to hear the story and view the illustrations. I would be honored to read this book. Thank you!