5/4/09

Fabric News


If you will be at the Quilt Market later this month, check out the Robert Kaufman table at the Sample Spree. Even though my new fabric collection is not available for retail until August, they will be selling fat quarters of the new collection at the Sample Spree which is scheduled Thursday night. Also Linda from Quilts for Kids will be at the School House discussing her organization and talking about the new collection as well.

While on the subject, I used some of my samples from the Quilts for Kids collection along with some geometrics from the Creatures and Critters collection (and a couple of fabrics that are not my designs) to have a quilt made. I found SF Quilts on Etsy and loved her tumbler pattern. She just sent these pics of the quilt in progress. I can't wait to see it in person. She did such a great job and works fast too!

The best part is that it is part of my son's college graduation present. I really wanted to do something with my fabrics that would be suitable for a boy and a college grad - I think it worked out great! It is really symbolic to me because I hand made a few quilts before he was born and they became his favorite blankets - so quilts when he moved into our home and a quilt when he moves out. Awwwww. I am making myself tear up!



7 comments:

SewAmy said...

omg, omg, I love the dog fabric. I have a huge love for dogs.

Laurie said...

What a totally gorgeous quilt. And perhaps the best graduation present ever. Congrats again on the new line. So happy for you.
--laurie

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

What a great graduation gift for your son.

Doina said...

Beautiful!

Frizz said...

That's so special. I love the pattern you did.

Frizz said...

Ha ha - I love the remote story. At least you didn't get charged for the call...

duckyhouse said...

I totally love the quilt Amy...I'll be making some quilts with your forest friends line in the near future for my boys and I think they will be a huge favorite for them. Much success on the new line.