7/20/07

Sweet!


Here is the photo as promised. I will be posting the entire line (of actual fabrics this time) on August 15th so please check back. The collection will be available from Robert Kaufman to the wholesale market beginning August 6th and in stores for retail in early September.

I would love to get pictures from you of your sewing projects using my fabrics. I would be happy to post your photos with links to your websites...can't wait to see what people do with the fabrics. As for me.... I, as usual, have many more ideas than hands or time, but I know I am reupholstering my bar stools...and I have a cool bag pattern I am going to adapt... and perhaps a little stuffed bird....and .......... oh, and a very special apron project for a very special person - so stay tuned.


And here is a little break from the fabrics...
I was back in Providence, RI this past spring and tried to find an old salvage store that I frequented when I lived there called Jake's Antiques. This guy had everything and then some in piles everywhere. A big mess, but a junk shopper's dream, lots of buried treasures. It is on Rte. 44 from Putnam, Ct. to RI. I couldn't believe I found it, however I don't think it is open anymore. Just as I remembered, though, piles of junk crammed against the windows... well you can see for yourself.

6 comments:

Char said...

Is that Santa?

Anonymous said...

Lovin' the colors.
- Cheri

ChatRabbit said...

OMG, Amy- I know the exact place your talking about!
It's quite the "landmark," for lack of a better word!
I was just wondering last week what the story was with it- it hasn't been open for a few years, but is still jammed to the rafters, just like you've shown.

Sheree said...

These are sweet prints. I'll be checking back to see the full line!

Anonymous said...

That store belonged to a family member of mine. He passed away in 1997 and it has been sold to another owner.

Anonymous said...

That was my grandfather's antique store. The anonymous said comment is correct. My grandfather, Jake Fargnoli, passed away while I was a sophomore in college (1997).